At Spaceship, our Move to Storage service is an important part of our Door-to-Door storage service.
Beyond just moving your items into storage, we place emphasis on delivering a professional service, handling your items safely, and ensuring tracking and accountability of your items. We also place emphasis on processes and use technology to ensure good coordination, and good processes.
Our Move To Storage Service and how it compares
Using a 40sqft (or equivalent) storage plan:
|#3 EZ Storage
|The Basic Service
|Price (before GST)
|Movers & Vehicles
|10 Free (New)
|5 Free (New)
|10 Free (Used)
|Manual Item Inventory
|Stretch Film Wrapping
|Extra: Base Protection
|Tracking & Accountability
|Manual Item Inventory List
|Barcode Scanning of Items
|Photos of Items at Storage Facility
|Item Damage / Loss Protection
|$200 / item, up to $1,500 / account
|$100 / item, up to $500 / account
|None, at your own risk
Note: Information above is at the time of research. These may change over time
Overview of the Move To Storage Process
- Before the move, we'll schedule a pre-move call with you (for >60 sqft moves), to ensure that on the day of the move, things run smoothly with minimised hiccups
- During the move, loose items that do not fit into boxes are wrapped with clear stretch film to add a layer of protection against dust and dirt
- Base protection (using corrugated board) is added for bulky items to minimise risk of scratches
- Each item, on an article basis (carton or loose item), is labelled with a barcode label
- A physical hardcopy list of items to be stored will be prepared
- Each item is barcode scanned at your place before being loaded onto the vehicle using trolleys
- At our storage facility, we unload and stack your items on pallet storage bins
- We scan the barcode of each item again before moving them to the allocated storage location
- After 1-2 business days, you'll be able to login to your online dashboard and view a list of your stored items
The Move To Storage Service
Protecting Your Items
Tracking & Accountability
The Basic: Hardcopy Inventory List (aka packing list) - Free
Before moving your items out of your place, we'll list down the items (on a carton or item level) that you're moving to storage on a physical packing list. Each item will have a reference number and a description.
This is to ensure that items that are taken by us to storage, are accounted for. Also, when you want something returned, you can find details of your items in your online dashboard.
THE EXTRA: Scanning of items - Free
We paste barcode labels and scan the barcodes at your place for extra accountability. Additionally, when your items arrive at our storage facility, they are scanned again. Your items are then uploaded where you can view a digital list of your stored items.
Item Protective Coverage
The Basic: Protective coverage against loss/damages (Up to $200 per item, max of $1,500 per user) - Included
There will always be the risk of items suffering damages or losses while being handled, moved, and or stored. At Spaceship, we provide free protective coverage against loss or damage to your item and premise during the move, and or in storage.
There are certain exclusions. Our standard protective coverage excludes damages to fragile items (mirrors, glass panels, oil paintings, vases, etc), electronics, musical instruments and items that were disassembled/re-assembled.
Avoid movers or Door-to-Door storage providers who do not offer protective coverage and adopt a 'store at your own risk' approach even if they advertise cheap prices.
These are usually small outfits who want to quickly complete the moving service, and do not want to take any responsibility for your items. Run away from these charlatans!